Tuesday, January 13, 2009

first post

Hi! Ryan and I created this blog to keep everyone, near and far, up to date on all things Baby! Lamb. Since we don't see many of you often enough, we didn't want you to miss out on any of the fun. So, on with the first post....

I had another doctor's appointment last week. Just another routine appointment I have once every four weeks. Everything still looks great. My blood pressure is good, which has always been a concern. In case you didn't know, I've had high blood presure off and on for a few years. I've been a little worried with the pregnancy, but so far there hasn't been anything to worry about. I watch my sodium intake and exercise, at least a little bit. Everything from the December ultrasound looks great. All the baby's measurements indicate she's healthy.

The most common question we both get, at least now that we know it's a girl, is "Have you picked out any names yet?" Well, we haven't. It's a big harder than I thought it would be. I'm amazed at how certain names bring up certain images of women. And what's funny, is one name can bring up the exact opposite image for Ryan & I. Needless to say, it will probably be a while before we settle on something.

That's it for now. Next doctor's appointment is the first week in February. Until then, we're watching what we eat (most days at least) and smiling each time she kicks - which is often. Ryan has fun letting me know how big my belly has grown in the past few weeks. Lucky for him I agree! It seems like my belly popped overnight. Maybe it was the altitude from the plane trip to PA last month. At any rate, I finally look legitimately pregnant and not potentially chubby.
We're both really enjoying this time and look forward to what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment