We made a pit stop at my folks on the way home and Isabel was a little warmer than I'd hope (another hot day in Sacramento). Ryan and I are planning to finally put up the window shade and work on pointing the air vents in the best direction possible for Little Miss to get as much cool air as she can. I'm sure she's getting some, but with the heat like it's been, we can do better.
Our next trip is Tuesday and it's supposed to be super hot again so the car definitely needs to be ready by then.
Probably the biggest thing I've had to deal with this week is the idea of childcare. I was offered a job last summer that didn't pan out like it should have. I was hired, filled out all the paperwork, had a physical and when it came time to start work there was no money to pay me. I've been on hold until this past week (it amounts to about a year of having a job and not working). I was supposed to start on Monday working 2 hours per week. Things fell through and I won't be starting until next Monday July 6. I was really sad at the thought of leaving Isabel with someone who wasn't family. Obviously I trust my friend, but it's just not the same. And it got me thinking about the future and what if I end up with a great job opportunity, or worse - we needed me to get a full-time job, and I had to leave her with someone for most of the day? That just gets me sad. I can't imagine leaving her with someone else who isn't family or a close friend for that much time. I think 2 hours a week is plenty for now and a good way for me to get my working-or-schooling-mom feet wet.
On a great note - Ryan bathed and fed her again tonight and it was virtually incident free!! We decided to put 2 ounces of milk in the bottle and if she was still hungry I'd take over the feeding duties. She happily ate from the new bottle with a slow flow nipple : ) Of course, she had her eyes glued to Bobby Flay the whole time, but she did look up at Ryan and smile big. I think it's gonna work out after all.
She's in bed now at a decent time tonight (by 9:30). The past few nights have been a little late for me - around 11. I've haven't been able to stay up that late in years. So, I'm heading in the same direction. Last night she slept for 8 hours in a row! She was up for about an hour and back down for another 5 hour nap. She stays awake most of the afternoon into the evening. We weighed her again at home and by our scale she's up to about 11 lbs 3 oz already. No wonder she sleeps so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment