We've been having some bottle feeding issues again. I'm not sure they ever really went away. Each Monday when I'm at school Ryan has a tough time with Little Miss. It could be for a handful of reasons, and I don't think we'll ever pin it down to just one thing. Long story short - I talked with her pediatrician yesterday about feeding options for her. So, based on her advice we are working on rotating formula in to Isabel's diet. We're practicing each night for the remainder of this week so maybe she'll take a full serving on Monday night in addition to puree. We've decided to use a sippy cup instead of a bottle since she's just about ready for the cup anyway (she can pick it up with two hands and put it in her mouth). She likes to play with it more than drink from it, but she's figured it out a time or two already.
I don't feel great about this decision because on some level I feel a bit like a failure. I'm okay at the logical, brain level. I think I had a certain expectation of how this would all happen. It's not happening how I wanted, so I'm a little sad. But, I really do know getting through meal times with Ryan is very important, and she can't be with me 24/7. Well, she could but I do have legitimate reasons to be away from her. So, there it is. I have a baby who is mostly on breastmilk, getting increasing amounts of solids, and has occasional formula to round it all out.
I'm sure in a few more days I'll be totally over it. I hope so.
BIG HUGS! I know how hard it is to use formula when you're not ready... it's ok to be upset and to grieve a little, just don't beat yourself up too much. Let me know if you ever need to talk!
ReplyDelete