This has been a busy week for us. Monday was my first night back at school since Isabel was born. I had fun, but I'm not sure what she thought of it. When feeding her from a bottle, timing is everything. We were off on the timing, and she ended up crying and eating at the same time. Ryan said she went to bed happy, so that made me feel better. Tuesday I worked my 2 hours so Ryan had some quiet baby time to himself. I think she napped most of the time I was gone.
Wednesday was mom's group in the morning and Ryan's doctor's appointment in the afternoon. This did not go so well. We dropped her off at my mom and dad's for a few hours. Ryan was getting steroid shots in his back and might have needed me to drive him home. We both knew this probably wouldn't be the case, but better to be safe than sorry. Anyway, I fed her before we left my folks' house. She was sleepy and full, so she should have gone right down for a nap. Not so. My mom called me to ask "How do you wrap her up again?", and all I could hear was crying in the background. She finally took a one hour nap, but any time she was awake she was crying. My mom and dad felt bad because they couldn't comfort her for very long. They did everything right, the only thing they couldn't offer her was her mom and dad. Once we got back to their house and she saw us she stopped crying. She continued to cry off and on the rest of the day, but it wasn't as bad or as often if Ryan and I were holding her. She slept well that night, around 9 hours or so. Thursday we stayed at home and took it easy. She had regular, long naps to recharge her batteries.
Wednesday was mom's group in the morning and Ryan's doctor's appointment in the afternoon. This did not go so well. We dropped her off at my mom and dad's for a few hours. Ryan was getting steroid shots in his back and might have needed me to drive him home. We both knew this probably wouldn't be the case, but better to be safe than sorry. Anyway, I fed her before we left my folks' house. She was sleepy and full, so she should have gone right down for a nap. Not so. My mom called me to ask "How do you wrap her up again?", and all I could hear was crying in the background. She finally took a one hour nap, but any time she was awake she was crying. My mom and dad felt bad because they couldn't comfort her for very long. They did everything right, the only thing they couldn't offer her was her mom and dad. Once we got back to their house and she saw us she stopped crying. She continued to cry off and on the rest of the day, but it wasn't as bad or as often if Ryan and I were holding her. She slept well that night, around 9 hours or so. Thursday we stayed at home and took it easy. She had regular, long naps to recharge her batteries.
Feeding is going well. She still loves her cereal. We are ready with the sweet potato for this weekend.
These are supposed to help with sleep slumping while in the car seat. So far they keep her head from slumping to either side, but she still slumps down the middle.
Is sleep slumping bad?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if it's necessarly bad as much as it just looks uncomfortable.
ReplyDelete