Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

It was quite the day here for Little Miss. We did some early morning shopping & finally bought a set of American Sign Language flash cards. We've been using the sign for milk for months now. She can't do it herself, but she smiles big when show the sign to her. She's at the age when it is recommended parents start incorporating signs into the daily routine, so now is as good a time as any. We'll start that tomorrow with her breakfast.
After shopping we stopped by my folks' house to show off her adorable costume. Of course everyone loved it. (She wore it to mom's group on Wednesday. Even though there weren't as many "real" costumes as I hoped there'd be, all of the babies were adorable! But, I'm pretty sure she was the cutest one there). After that trip she had a little trouble going down for a nap, but it was understandable. We thought for sure she'd sleep on the way to my parents', but she didn't. She was extra tired & just plain had trouble falling asleep.
After her dinner we headed to a friend's house to deliver some goodies & see her daughter dressed up in her dragon costume. Plus, we wanted to see their house decorations. They were very nicely done. They have a scary butler at their front door. I'm not sure if he's motion activated, but he moves his head and says something scary. I know this because he scared me. I wasn't expecting it at all. Apparently they expect about 200 ghosts & goblins each year! After grabbing grown-up dinner (We planned on a great hot dog from Urban Dog, but they were closed so we had to settle for drive-through) we got home just in time for the adorable trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. There were a ton of cuties this year. We had about 55 kids. We went through all of the candy we bought for the night and ended up giving out the last of chocolates I bought for myself last week. All the adults, and some kids too, thought Isabel was cute as a button in her little lamb costume. One mom thought she was beautiful in nothing but a diaper (btw - one of the little girls she was trick-or-treating with was also named Isabel)
I think Little Miss had a great time looking at all of the people and the costumes. She was smiles all night long and went down for bed without one tear or cry. All together it was a very good first Halloween for her. I can't wait until next year when we'll cruise the neighborhood.

P.S. - the house around the corner did decorate his mowed graveyard today. His 3 skeletons were set up in the main entry way blocking the path to his front door. He had a bowl of candy out with a note that said "2 pieces or else"! I was very happy to finally see those skeletons!

1 comment: