Friday, December 4, 2009

8 months already

I can't believe I'm the mom of an 8-month-old. And, I can't believe it's going by so fast. Her tooth is showing more each day. We've been trying to get a picture of it, but it's just not working out.

She's eating a regular lunch now every day. Somewhere between 7 and 13 tablespoons. So, she's totally between 20-34-ish tablespoons each day which is about 1 1/2 to almost 2 cups of solids each day plus breast milk and formula. I think I'll be calling her doctor next week for the anti-nausea prescription. If it works that would be great - I'll be able to pump some milk to give in her bottles. If it doesn't work, I know I tried everything. I even tried drinking a beer the other night. I must be wound up pretty tight because even that didn't relax me enough to have anything to pump. If the meds don't work, it wasn't meant to be.

Tonight Ryan and I are going out for our first dinner by our selves since Isabel was born. Her Auntie Carolyn will be staying with her while she's gone. After dinner we're heading to (finally) see New Moon. Can't wait. The timing should work out to where Carolyn will be reading her stories and singing her songs to get her to go to sleep. Knowing Carolyn - I think Isabel will have a great time and go down with minimal problems.

She's sitting up like a champ, so we're starting to look for toys that she can use to help her sit up and use later when she's standing. Some friends of Ryan's gave us some of their kids' toys so we started putting them in the rotation today. She liked it!

3 comments:

  1. Auntie Carolyn is very lucky (and a most excellent baby-sitter). Glad you guys are getting out. Have fun!

    Autoethnographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to jinx it, but I think she's officially asleep for the night. We read some Harry Potter, sang the alphabet song a few times, made up our own version of the ring song and seems to have done the trick.
    Now just hanging out with the dogs and deciding on a movie. Stewie wants to watch Twilight.... sorry buddy, not gonna happen.
    ~auntie carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have that same play table! It's so much fun :) Happy 8 months Isabele!!

    ReplyDelete