Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

Can you believe it's already Christmas Eve? Time is flying by. We've both been busy running around trying to get everything done for the holiday. It seems that everything has been last minute this year. We'll be trying to avoid that next year. We finally met up with Santa last weekend at a furniture store, oddly enough. It seems as though Isabel liked Scooby-Doo better than a real, old man with a long white beard. I'm still not sure if it was because she was tired, I handed her off or if she truly didn't like Santa, but she wouldn't even crack a smirk. She got through it with out crying, but she wasn't happy. The rest of the shopping trip went smoothly, which was nice.














As with Thanksgiving, I've been spending a lot of timing thinking of good ideas for what should be our Christmas tradition. We're a young family and we can do whatever we want, so we might as well use this opportunity to create something good. So, here's what I've come up with - Christmas Eve night we each open our new pajamas (any theme is okay here, doesn't have to be Christmas or even winter), then we'll get cozy and watch Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. I haven't seen it yet, but it was recommended by a friend. We'll start it right after dinner and see how long Busybel can stay awake. Tomorrow we're headed to my sister's for a visit then off to find some snow. Not sure how far we have to drive to find it, but we will.

Last night was a rough one. She woke up about 9:30 (just when we were ready for bed) so we let her sleep with us. First time and it kinda sucked. She's not a bed hog, which is good, but our bed is just too small. She woke up again when I tried to put her in her crib, so we were both up for another 20 minutes or so while Ryan rocked her back to sleep. I'm hoping that second tooth is the problem and it'll break the surface soon, as in today. She's also a little congested and I'm hoping that's the tooth as well.

Enjoy your holiday. I'm sure there will be lots of pictures to share in the next few days. Maybe a video or two as well.

Merry Christmas!!!!














Her first ornament : )

No comments:

Post a Comment