Isabel had her 9 month check-up today. She passed with flying colors. She did gain just a little weight - up to 15 lbs 4.5 ounces. Not much of a gain, but a gain nonetheless. So, her doctor isn't worried about her being in the 10th percentile for weight. She's 27 inches (around 50-ish percentile depending on who you ask) and her head circumference is 43.5 cm (40th percentile). So, she's truckin' right along. We were able to answer "yes" to all of the behavioral & developmental questions except for "does she crawl?" Because Folsom does not add fluoride to its water, we're supposed to put her on a drop a day. I'd like to do some reading up on this only because I've come across a few things warning against fluoride. I'm not up on this particular controversy, so I figure I'll do a little research first.
The other bit of news is that re:that darn bump on the back of her head. It just won't go away. So, I've got to schedule an appointment over at the imaging center for an ultrasound. I guess we're looking to see if it's a bony cyst or soft tissue cyst. More than likely nothing to worry about/be done about it, but it wouldn't hurt to look.
Ryan leaves Monday morning for his training. He's looking at coming home next weekend for the long weekend, so instead of being gone 3 weeks straight he'll be gone for one week, home for 2 1/2 days, then gone for 2 weeks. I think my biggest concern is making sure I eat at least half way decently while he's gone. One of us cooks while the other feeds Isabel, so I'm not quite sure how I'll fit feeding both of us in. I'm betting I'll have a routine down in no time, but until then I'll worry just a bit. Otherwise, I've got plenty of school work (ugh...over winter break) to keep me busy and when I get tired of reading about phylogeny and inductive/deductive reasoning I've got plenty of sewing projects to try.
We had a playdate yesterday at her friend Ripley's house. Talk about an odd couple. Ripley is somewhere around 95 -97th percentile in weight and height. We laugh because Isabel steals her toys....for now. We all know one day Ripley will plant Isabel on her butt for toy stealing. But they're good friends now and I'm sure the butt planting will be meant and taken lightly.
Well, I've got an article about the genera of the human lineage staring at me. I'd better read it before it gets even more boring......
No comments:
Post a Comment