Saturday, June 19, 2010

I only have a few minutes

Ryan's been gone this week and it's been a lot better than last time I was on my own with Busy. But, she's in the middle of something just like she was last time. She's had 7 teeth pop in within the last 2 months and she's had a runny nose off and on. She's also decided she does not want to keep a cloth diaper on. I'm not sure if it's the noise of tearing the velcro open or what, but she will not leave the tabs alone and ends up with very little covered. One morning a few days ago she was exceptionally disagreeable for whatever reason. Everything was a whine or a cry. She wouldn't let me finish snapping up her pajamas. Ok, you don't want to wear pajamas, that's fine. Kids don't need to have clothes on 24/7. She decided she didn't want to leave the diaper on either. Fine. You don't want to wear a diaper, don't wear a diaper. All I ask is that when you go potty on the floor, please make it obvious so I can clean it up (at this point I know exactly what I was getting myself in to. The Universe had made it clear that today was "Play a big, day-long joke on Holly" day). She walked around the house for a while babbling, almost like she was now in a good mood. I happened to notice, though, that she had gotten very quiet in the kitchen. I peeked around the island just in time to see her raising a big piece of poop up to her face. I think I startled her with my "Noooooo!" because she dropped the poop right away. But, she did look at me like she couldn't figure out what the problem could possibly be. So, for the past few days she's been in disposables until I have the mind to deal with the situation again.

We met with Auntie Carolyn Thursday night for dinner at Red Robin. Busy hasn't seen a costumed character since Christmas and I wanted to see if she was still interested (as her mother loves costume characters). She.was.not. Red is either too big or too red, or both. She didn't scream and carry on like some other kids, but she was very worried and very weepy. She kept her little eyes on him the entire pass through the restaurant. He made 2 other passes through, but Carolyn and I were on top of it distracting her with shiny objects and yummy food. So now, in addition to all the other things I need to make time for, a slow introduction to giant costume characters is now on the list. I think I'll start by printing out some pictures of Red for her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment