Friday, January 28, 2011

The Week in Review

If you didn't already know, I thoroughly enjoyed my winter break.  I had great intentions of getting a lot of stuff done, but I decided instead to do nothing.  Or, at least as little as I could possibly get away with.  I only sewed 2 blankets, both Christmas gifts.  I did not sew Ryan's laptop cover, or a doll for Busy, or a notebook cover for myself, or a gift for my dear friend Imelda, or any of the hundred other things on my list.  I did, however, crochet 2 hats for Busy.  That was fun.  I still like sewing, but I've decided I may like crocheting a touch more since I can work and watch The Office at the same time.  Lame.  I know.  One of the other things I didn't do as much as I thought was blog about Busy.  Maybe being back in the routine of school will get me motivated again?

This week was our first week back to school.  We're both on campus M-W-F for 6 hours.  I need the time to get the inventory done, since I can't work on that from home, and she needed a little more time at the Children's Center.  We opted for a lot more time there.  So far she had done well.  Of course, today is only her 3rd day at that schedule, and I'm waiting for something bad to happen.  You know, the screaming when I leave, the no-nap days, the change in behavior because she is away from home for so long.  I am cautiously optimistic at the way this week has gone so far.  No crying, no worrying, just playing and eating.  From what her teacher has told me, once a day she will look at the door and say "wave bye-bye Mommy," and go about her business.  Sweet.  I mean sweet because it is cute and more of a "sah-weeet" because I don't feel the need to worry about her or feel bad.  At least for now.

Tuesday was an interesting day.  We (and by "we" I really mean Busy) decided to experiment with nakedness for the first half of the day.  And by experiment I really mean refuse to wear a diaper.  Yup, flat out refuse.  If I managed to get one on her through the screaming, crying and kicking, she would immediately tear it off.  We sat on the potty several times, but she really showed no interest in using the potty, just playing.  She did poop in the house, which I knew would happen, but luckily it was in the kitchen.  Easy clean up.  If she ever peed I have not found it yet.

All-in-all it's been a very busy week for us both (and Ryan, too) and we're still trying to adjust.  I guess complete laziness was not a good idea for so many weeks in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment