Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Day of School

Busy and I started back to school yesterday.  This time, she moved up to the class room just for 2-year-olds.  It's got a much bigger play yard with climbing structures, a teeter-totter, tricycles, and a ton more fun stuff for her age group.  No more babies, no more taking shoes off to enter the room, and no more divided curriculum.  I stayed with her for about 30 minutes to make sure she was comfortable with the room, her classmates and new teacher.  I asked her if she wanted me to stay longer and she said she was okay if I left.  She was happily playing by herself for a bit before joining the teacher and other kids for stories. 

When I picked her up in the afternoon, she kept repeating "lots of friends," and "Gavin!"  She talked off and on during the drive home about different things she did during school.  She has never talked so much about a school day.  She seemed very happy and excited the rest of the day.

Last night she went to bed "early," - 8:15.  She's been up until 9 or 9:30 each night for almost 2 weeks.  I'm guessing the excitement of moving and a new room is what is keeping her up, although she'll tell you she's just not tired.  We thought she was out by 8:30, but she called us upstairs a few times for potty and/or another story.  Funny thing is she's still waking up on her own by 7:30 each morning.  No more school until Monday, then we're off to Disneyland next Tuesday.  I don't think we'll work really hard to re-establish a normal bedtime until after the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment