Ryan comes home this Friday. Just a bit over 2 days left of single parenthood. Really it hasn't been bad. The first week sucked, which it always does. It takes Busy and I a while to find our groove. The second week and third weeks were pretty good. This week I'm losing my steam, but still chugging along.
I had a long list of things I planned on getting done, but didn't achieve most of them. I'm not that broken up over my short "finished" list - to be expected. Single parenting and having to do anything else (cook, clean, take care of a new & unfinished house which is really bigger than I can handle on my own, school, work, etc) really sucks. It kicked my ass. But, we both made it without any trips to the ER, minimal tears and some good times, too.
I did rely a bit on the magical tv box so I could cook dinners that didn't come from a bag. Really nothing else works as well to keep Busy out of trouble, my stress level down and the house from catching fire. I did/do worry that too much solo tv time will turn her into that obsessed gamer who has to be surgically removed from the la-z-boy (or worse....the girl who dates that gamer), so I limited the time to about 30 minutes - which let me prepare a pretty decent meal for the two of us.
We got acquainted with a few more Disney movies, and had a lot of fun dancing to the music. We played outside a lot (she loves.loves.loves the little boy who lives next door), went for many walks and baked once or twice.
I got pretty good at calming tantrums (seriously child, stop staying awake past 9 pm!), and she got good at helping me around the house. I'm glad we're getting good at working as a team since Ryan may have to go away for 2 weeks again next month. But now 2 weeks will seem like nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment