Having (these) two kids has been crazy. Even though Leland can't talk yet, I'm quite positive that he and Isabel not only communicate but conspire. On the rare occasion that Leland has a good stretch of sleep Isabel wakes us up to change her sheets. Scheduling-wise these two couldn't be more opposite or make things more difficult. BUT, they are crazy about each other (most of the time) and are fairly tolerant of the other one's needs.
Leland is up to 15 pounds now. IT seems big to us, but for an 8 month old he is small, just like Isabel was. He has two teeth, is crawling (mostly a belly crawl, but on hands and knees some of the time) and tries hard to walk. He wants to walk so bad that holding him is hard because he wiggles so much to get down on the floor. He can pull himself up to a stand and smiles big with pride when he gets all the way up.
As for his sleep - it still sucks. Last night I was up 3 times and Ryan once. His stretches were 3 hours, which was almost like a little taste of Heaven. A few nights ago he was up about every 90 minutes. So far not one trick has worked. We've tried baby yoga and massage, aromatherapy and feeding cereal and/or purees right before bed. Nothing will keep this boy asleep. He is usually easy to get back to sleep once he wakes up, but occasionally he'll stay up for an hour. This tactic is usually carried out at around 3:30 or 4 in the morning leaving Ryan not much more time to sleep before his alarm goes off. I have given up on him sleeping through the night. I know it will happen eventually, and I look forward to that day, but I just don't think it'll be soon.
There's lot to say about Isabel, but that'll have to wait for another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment