Wednesday, January 21, 2009

she's growing

Not only is my belly getting bigger, but so is my baby. She can now hit or kick me on both sides at the same time! Sometimes she hits me at the top and the bottom at the same time, too. Now I understand what other women say about getting annoyed by the kicking. It's still too new so I'm not annoyed just yet. But, it is keeping me up at night. I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights. I know it's just a glimpse of things to come, but it still sucks. Also, I think her little growth spurt is wearing me out. I haven't been this tired since the first few weeks.

I met with a friend the other day who had her baby in December. This was the first chance I've had to talk about the actual birthing process with someone. I've heard stories from other people, but those have mostly been about the bigger picture and not about the actual birth. I felt a lot better afterward. It is gonna be difficult and scary, but I can do it. And, with Ryan there helping I'll be fine. Our tour of the hospital is February 4 and we start childbirth preparation classes on the 18th. Once those two things are either done or underway, I'll start to relax even more. Even with the nervousness, potential for pain and sleepless nights ahead, I still can't wait to meet the little person who all of this will be for.

No comments:

Post a Comment