Tuesday, January 27, 2009

things are changing...

School started yesterday, a new semester with new classes. Most of them seem interesting with a workload I can handle. My graduate seminar is super work intensive and I've never thought about dropping a class as much as this one. But, I'm trying to see it as a personal challenge and not let the work load scare me. By workload, I mean a ton of readings, leading discussions, submitting discussion questions, and almost weekly 7 page critiques of the readings. Not just a few, but 10 total out of a 16 week semester.

My goal for this semester, besides getting As in all my classes, is to spend time each day to focus on me and the baby. I tend to get so wrapped up in school that I forget about myself. I'm doing the FIT Help thing on campus this semester. It's a free program for students that offers diet and fitness support to help students reach their fitness goals. I'm meeting with the health psychologist and dietitian for now, and probably next semester I'll start meeting with the fitness guy to help with my goal of running a half marathon. I would like this baby to grow up with parents who make good food choices at least most of the time. Struggling with food sucks and I would rather her not have to deal with it. I'm always grateful that I somehow manage to stay thin, but maybe if I didn't I'd have more motivation to eat better more often than not.

She's kicking up a storm lately. Ryan and I have so much fun sitting on the couch together feeling her move around. Sometimes she gets pretty rowdy. The past week or so I've had more pregnancy symptoms than I've had for a long time. The muscles in my legs are starting to get sore and I've had heartburn or indigestion most days. Nothing too major, just enough to be annoying. I've been trying smaller meals and more water. Hopefully that'll help.

That's about all for now. Next appointment with the doctor is Feb 5. I have to do the gestational diabetes test that day as well. We'll tour the hospital on the 4th, so I'm sure I'll post about that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment