Monday, May 25, 2009

I see people


It's been a week back at work and it seems like Isabel has grown a little bit each time I get home to see her. Anything that is labeled newborn, now fits like spandex. She's eating well, and volume is increasing with her size. She's trying to catch up quickly after showing up early. Fortunately, she's also moved into a longer sleeping pattern this week, with up to 3 1/2 hours of shut-eye at a time. That gives us all a chance to get some rest.
This week was also a big step forward in her perception of the world. She sees faces and you can see her eyes move from one person to the next as she observes her surroundings. We've also caught her watching TV a few times. But, who can blame her wanting to look at the HD screen.

It's tough getting up and leaving every morning knowing that I'm missing the whole day with her. But, that'll just have to be an adjustment for me after being with her for her first 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment