We survived the closest thing to real fussiness that we've seen so far. We finished the eye drops for the pink eye Monday (she dealt with the drops very well), and I was looking forward to our second week alone going as smoothly as our first. On Tuesday she went down for a nap around 9:30 or so but only slept for about 20 minutes. This really isn't like her at all. She ate a little and I expected her to fall back to sleep. Didn't happen. We spent the next two days fussy and crying (but only a little. Not a full blown cry, but enough to keep you on your toes). I couldn't set her down for very long before she would start crying again. She didn't want to lay on her blanket, baby yoga was out of the question, and her bouncy chair did nothing to soothe her. She ate more often than normal - it reminded me of the first week or so when she ate all the time. By the time Ryan got home from work my arms were spent and my back was on fire from holding her all the time.
In the evening we split the baby duties so I could rest my body a little bit. Ryan stayed up with her so I could go to sleep early and prepare for the overnight shift. Fortunately she slept like normal through the night. She'd go down between 9 - 11 and not get up until somewhere between 12 - 2. Overnight she wasn't fussing or crying. I was so thankful. We decided she didn't feel well, but still had no idea what was wrong. She hadn't had a real poo since early Tuesday morning and since then was only leaving tiny traces in her diaper. We were guessing that was it.
Thursday morning she woke up like normal - no fussing. She was smiling again! We got through baby yoga just fine. And, the best news is she had the fullest diaper I have ever seen! Yesterday turned out to be a normal, happy day for both of us. She's pooing like normal again, talking and smiling. She's sleeping during the day and not keeping me tied to the sofa with nursing.
In all honesty, as much as those two days sucked, it really wasn't that bad. She didn't scream her head off and I was able to soothe. She loves it when I hold her and bounce on the exercise ball. One trick I learned was to sit with her and show her pictures of herself smiling or videos of her talking. It was a good reminder that she can be adorable and would get back to that personality sooner or later.
No comments:
Post a Comment