Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's time for an update

It was bound to happen eventually, and so it did around week #3. The first two weeks seemed too easy and it all came to an end last week. Isabel started cluster feeding. It took me about a week to find a good source on cluster feeding, so at first I didn't have any idea what was going on. I figured I was misreading her cues or something (always easiest to assume I'm doing something wrong). It turns out cluster feeding is completely normal and absolutely nothing is wrong. Until I read that I was really frustrated with the situation. I hate not knowing what is going on and I had a hard time getting her to stop crying. I would feed, she would fall asleep and within 30 minutes she's screaming. I would try feeding her again as a last resort and she was all over it. She would feed again for sometimes another 20 minutes. Now that I know what is going on it is much easier to deal with and not frustrating at all. This week it's only happened once or twice instead of an entire afternoon + evening.

She's been smiling more lately and her focus is getting better. We have a bouncy chair and play gym for her now as well so she has lots to look at and reach out for (we're still waiting on that). I've even seen her laugh twice. Nothing audible yet, but her belly jiggles and she gets the hugest smile on her face. It's very cute.

I had another blood pressure check up the other day. The meds are working. I can't get off of them until my readings bottom out which I don't anticipate happening any time soon. Still no big deal, but it was nice to not take any medications. I'm still finding it hard to find time right now to exercise, even just a little. Between feedings, play time, eating and napping there isn't much time left. I'm starting to not feel great from inactivity. But, I'm not complaining, just explaining. And, lastly - I probably have a broken ass. It still hurts to sit down and get back up, and the first few steps are painful as well. My doctor says based on the symptoms it sounds like I have a bruised or broken tail bone from delivery. Should heal up in up to several months. Hopefully that is the last of ailments from this pregnancy and delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment