Thursday, May 14, 2009

First Mother's Day

My first Mother's Day has come and gone. We had a relaxing day around the house. Ryan made sure I didn't have to do any housework or paper writing. I spent the day doting on Isabel since she is too young to dote on me. The day before we headed to my sister's house for a family dinner. It's fun to watch everyone take turns with Isabel. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait to spend time with her. It's a nice break for Ryan and I to be able to pass her off to people we trust, not see her again for hours and not worry about her. She has the most amazing fan club(family and friends) and Ryan and I have the most amazing support system

Funny story - my sister had left Isabel's name off the guest list for dinner since she wouldn't be eating any solid food. My niece was a little upset with my sister for forgetting about Isabel. Once my sister explained why her name wasn't on the guest list - she'll only be having milk - my niece wrote her name on the paper with the word "milk" next to it. I can't wait to see what their relationship will be like once Isabel grows up a bit and starts looking up to her cousin.

On a mommy note - my blood pressure is heading in the right direction. My doctor changed my prescription to a lower dose. I go back in 2 weeks for a bp check and if it is still heading in the same direction I can probably stop taking the meds (yay!).

All is well on the Isabel front. She is as cute as ever - smiling more and more, keeping us busy with diaper changes and growing like a weed (we think we'll move her up to size 1 diapers by next week!
)


No comments:

Post a Comment