Monday night she didn't go to sleep until just before 11. Monday I did go to work and Chels came to watch her while I was gone. From what was described, Little Miss seemed a bit over tired and fussy. She didn't take a bottle (so it's not just Ryan) and had a brief crying spell. Seems about normal. I tried the bottle when I got home and she mostly just played with it. She was tired for a few hours that night before she finally fell asleep. When she gets this way very little will make her happy or comfortable. We just keep trying different things until we find something that works - even if just for a little bit.
Yesterday we had a brief outing to Wal Mart. They didn't have the main thing I went for so we weren't out long at all. She slept in the car and the store but was awake by the time we got back home. Apparently this was enough to throw her off again because she was sleepy and fussy all afternoon. The only thing to get her to stop crying was me holding her. Don't get me wrong- I love to hold her. I just can't do it for hours on end. So, once my arms began to scream, I decided I'd set her in her swing and do a little housework. I did feel bad because she was crying, but not bad enough to pick her up again just yet. She lived, which I knew she would. She crashed a little after 6 for what we thought would be a nap, but it turned out she was down for the night.
She slept for a solid 6 hours, which had she gone down at least at 8 I would have been thrilled. It's impossible for me to go to bed much before 9, so 6 or 7 was out of the question. We were up at around 12:30 for her first wakeful period of the new day. Everything and everyone says not to talk to babies over night. Everything needs to be quiet so they understand the difference between night and day. So, I didn't talk to her - even though she was squealing and smiling for the entire 2 hours she was up. I finally set up some blankets on the floor in her room so I could sleep while she continued to kick and punch and squeal. She finally fell asleep hard sometime around 3. I wrapped her up, put her in her cradle and I finally got back to sleep in my bed.
Today seems to be off to a normal start so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and keeping her at home today. I'd like to get to bed at a decent hour - not too early, not too late. On one hand these little shifts in her development are killing me. On the other, and better, hand they are great to watch. Is it too early to say she's growing up so fast?
This is the beginning of the fussy-face. It's really hard not to smile at the cuteness.
No comments:
Post a Comment