Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another first

Sunday Isabel got her very first taste of something that wasn't breast milk. We decided to try the oatmeal cereal for babies. It went as expected. Most of the cereal sat at the front of her mouth or dribbled down her chin. I don't think she disliked it, but I don't think she liked it either. I do know she didn't know what to do with it. She laughed a few times but otherwise looked puzzled or indifferent.

We decided to try a little ahead of her 5 month birthday because she's been nursing so much lately. Last Saturday she nursed for 30 minutes starting at 8:30 pm, then again at 12:45 am then again at 4:45 am, each for 30 minutes. She hasn't nursed this much or this many times for a really long time, maybe even two-ish months. She nursed like that again today. That prompted me to try the laying down way of nursing. That prompted me to ask myself "What haven't I tried this sooner?" It's so much easier for me when she's eating for so long at one time.
So, I'm now trying to work cereal in 2-3 times a day to help her get the hang of it.

Next week school starts. It's funny how everything seems to happen at the same time. I can't ever be mildly busy . I've either got nothing going on or too much going on at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment