Wednesday we went to the police department to get the car seat inspected. I know, I should have done this when she was first born. To be honest, I really didn't have any issues with how Ryan installed the base. I couldn't budge it at all and the allowance is one inch on each side I think. But, because neither one of us had done this before I wanted to get the ok from someone who is trained to install car seats. The officer who inspected the seat complimented Ryan on the great job he did with the installation and commented a few times about not being able to get it as tight as he had it. I think Ryan wants to take it out and put it back in again to get it like it was before. I feel better knowing everything checked out. I also think in addition to helping young women buy cars from car dealers (he's a master negotiator and doesn't buy what the dealers are selling) he should also offer his services installing car seats.
Thursday we went to a free demonstration class for music together. It's a music class for kids, but the kids aren't learning an instrument. The music is supposed to help with development. Anyway, the teacher invites families that have already gone to the class for one semester to be a part of the demos so the new parents and kids can see what happens during a class. Otherwise if it were all newbies no one would know the words to the songs or the movements that go with them. Anyway, I think Isabel enjoyed it as much as she could. It was a bit much stimulation, but she silent-laughed a few times and didn't crank up until right towards the end (which was when I expected it based on when she woke up). My only real concern was the noise level - some of the older "demo" kids were pretty loud with the drum and drum sticks. Loud even for me. So, I spoke with the teacher about it afterwards and she assured me that kids, even the little ones, will cover their ears when the noise is too loud. At that point she'll have everyone bring it down a notch. Plus, she'll let me know which class time has the most little babies so we can join that one. That way the noise level will be less and we'll spend more time on the floor and not walking/dancing around. Ryan and I both think she'll like the break in her week and this is a good time for her to grow into the classes.
Friday was mom's group. She should have slept through it but only took a cat nap on the car ride over. Afterwards I went to lunch with the other 3 regulars. We walked to a nearby pizza place for some food. Not sure if the lunch afterward will be a regular thing for us or not. It's good for her to get out of the house more and good for me to experience new environments with her. Gets me out of my comfort zone a bit.
Today we're planning on taking it easy. We may go out for ice cream later, not sure yet. We're still working on that darn pimple of hers. It's definitely getting better, but I'm amazed at how much stuff we are still getting out of it. I really hope this is the last of its kind.
Who ever thought up these hooded towels really should get an award. They are just the cutest things!
No comments:
Post a Comment