Isabel had her 6 month well baby check up today. I didn't like waiting the extra 2 weeks past her actual 6 month mark to get an appointment, but I do like the Saturday appointments. There is usually maybe one or two other people in the waiting room and we seem to get in close to on time. Today the other person in the waiting room happen to have a mask on - I'm guessing she was in for flu-like symptoms.
As expected, Isabel is doing great. She's in line with developments for her age range which we knew. The weird thing is she lost a little in the head circumference (from 40 cm down to 38.7 cm) which could easily be attributed to human error. Her length is up to 24.75 inches. It is usually around this time that the growth will start to slow down a bit, so no big deal. Her weight is also down from a few weeks ago. She was about 12 pounds - something ounces (I recorded it in the post for her 4 month check up and can't remember exactly) at her 4 month check up. I was in to see the doctor about 3 weeks ago and she was up to 13.4 pounds. Today she weighed 13.2 pounds. Over the weekend she weighed 15.2-ish pounds over the weekend (granted, that was with fuzzy pj's, a diaper and a tummy full of food). Anyway, the doctor isn't worried, but does want to recheck her weight in one month.
She got all of her normal immunizations on schedule. No flu shot for her, of either variety. Apparently there is a shortage of seasonal flu because it is made by the same manufacturer as the H1N1, and they have been working more on that vaccine than seasonal flu. Ryan and I did get the H1N1 nose mister thing, so we're covered for that. We should get a call when there is more seasonal flu vaccines so the 3 of us can get that taken care of.
On the food front - she's been doing well with formula and the bottle. Ryan has his first good Monday night ever! She had breastmilk out of the bottle plus her solids and went to bed happy. That's a huge relief for me. My mom and dad both have fed her from the bottle and she took it happily.
That's all really good news for me since I'll be out of town all day next Friday. For my birthday I'm headed to the bay area with a few friends to check out a private basket collection. The three of us have been trying to make this trip for about a year now, and it finally worked out. The timing is perfect since Ryan's mom will be in town for a long weekend. I figured it would be a great way for the 3 of them to have some quality time together and I didn't want to be a distraction for Isabel. It'll be fine & fun for them, and fun for me although I know I will miss her terribly.
As expected, Isabel is doing great. She's in line with developments for her age range which we knew. The weird thing is she lost a little in the head circumference (from 40 cm down to 38.7 cm) which could easily be attributed to human error. Her length is up to 24.75 inches. It is usually around this time that the growth will start to slow down a bit, so no big deal. Her weight is also down from a few weeks ago. She was about 12 pounds - something ounces (I recorded it in the post for her 4 month check up and can't remember exactly) at her 4 month check up. I was in to see the doctor about 3 weeks ago and she was up to 13.4 pounds. Today she weighed 13.2 pounds. Over the weekend she weighed 15.2-ish pounds over the weekend (granted, that was with fuzzy pj's, a diaper and a tummy full of food). Anyway, the doctor isn't worried, but does want to recheck her weight in one month.
She got all of her normal immunizations on schedule. No flu shot for her, of either variety. Apparently there is a shortage of seasonal flu because it is made by the same manufacturer as the H1N1, and they have been working more on that vaccine than seasonal flu. Ryan and I did get the H1N1 nose mister thing, so we're covered for that. We should get a call when there is more seasonal flu vaccines so the 3 of us can get that taken care of.
On the food front - she's been doing well with formula and the bottle. Ryan has his first good Monday night ever! She had breastmilk out of the bottle plus her solids and went to bed happy. That's a huge relief for me. My mom and dad both have fed her from the bottle and she took it happily.
That's all really good news for me since I'll be out of town all day next Friday. For my birthday I'm headed to the bay area with a few friends to check out a private basket collection. The three of us have been trying to make this trip for about a year now, and it finally worked out. The timing is perfect since Ryan's mom will be in town for a long weekend. I figured it would be a great way for the 3 of them to have some quality time together and I didn't want to be a distraction for Isabel. It'll be fine & fun for them, and fun for me although I know I will miss her terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment