Dinner was at my folks' house this year, and every year. We ate a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal. Isabel had wheat cereal, sweet peas, turkey puree, prune, carrot and puffs. She at a lot and was quite happy with the meal selection. She stayed up longer than normal and was in good spirits the whole time. My dad was thrilled that she was so happy - it gave him someone to play with.
She's doing great with eating. I weighed her this morning on our scale and she was 14.6 pounds. Up a bit from her last appointment. Hopefully she'll keep this up. She's becoming way too busy to nurse lately. Some feedings I can only get her to settle down for 2 or 3 minutes. I've been taking herbal supplements that are supposed to help milk production. It's been just under one week since I started. I'll give it one more week before I decide if it's working or not. The drops taste h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e! The tea is quite good, though. If this doesn't work I'll be getting a prescription of domperidone. I'm actually okay if she doesn't want to nurse anymore, but I'd prefer she get at least some breast milk every day instead of 100% formula.
She'll be 8 months next week. I can't believe how fast this is going. Her tooth is peeking out a little more each day, too. It looks like she is really enjoying her new skills and progress. She's just so happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment