Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's been a busy week

Our last music class was Monday the 16th. As usual she enjoyed herself. She didn't even notice that we didn't go this past Monday, which is good. I think we're not going to enroll her next semester. I'd like to try something different, even if it's just story time at the library once a week. That's free and if she is off her nap routine a bit I won't feel compelled to go and get my money's worth. We have bells (that she loves, thanks to Grandma K) and will get more instruments this Christmas, so I think we're set for music for a while.
She's sitting up like a champ. She still topples occasionally, but that's okay. She still loves to roll around, so I don't expect her to sit up all the time. Speaking of rolling - she now rolls all over the place. For the longest time she would only roll one body length off her blanket, but now she goes as far as she can get. The other night we were all laying on the floor in her room and she rolled under her crib.
Sunday we moved her bath tub into the big bath tub for bath time. Ryan had made some comment about her wet farts. We laughed because if was funny. Those wet farts were really poops that she was hiding. So, we had our first potty-in-the-tub experience. Then we laughed because it was gross.
And probably the biggest news of all is she's finally getting a tooth! She was a little fussy yesterday - just wanted to be held for most of the day. She had moments of lots of crying and moments of cheesy smiles. Thankfully her fussy days haven't even been all day long, just parts of the day. Anyway, last night during dinner the angle was just right and there it is - the tiny white spot I've been waiting months for. From here who knows how long it'll be before it pops out. I'm just happy it's on its way.
Thursday morning we're all walking (well, I'm walking, Isabel is getting carried, and Ryan will probably run) the Folsom Turkey Trot. It's supposed to be cold in the morning, so I have to get shopping for a warm hat & mittens for Isabel. I have never walked this far (3.1 miles) with her in the front pack, so I hope my back doesn't poop out on me. It'll be fun. After that we're headed to my mom's for turkey dinner. Maybe I should make up a little turkey puree for her. I think I will.














No comments:

Post a Comment