Sunday, December 27, 2009
Baby's First Christmas
We all got through Isabel's first Christmas intact and happy. Christmas morning started like any other morning with breakfast for humans and animals. The dogs got their new dog bones and birds new bird toys. Isabel got to open her stocking and her alligator xylophone. She loves that toy. Of course right now the best part is she can stick the wand in her mouth. But, I'm sure soon enough she will realize there is more to it than that.
After she woke up from her first nap we headed to my sister's house for more holiday festivities. Isabel did really well considering the hustle and bustle of the morning. She had lunch, and then it was time to open more presents. She got a really cool bath tub book, some more baby leggings (adorable), a little scrapbook about her day and a seahorse doll that glows and plays soothing music when you hug it. She's been sleeping with the seahorse for two nights and I think she likes it. I think her favorite part of the day was putting all of the presents and wrapping paper in her mouth. Way more interesting than the actual gift.
After spending some time with the family we headed for the snow. We only had to drive about 45 minutes east of home to find it. I'm not sure where we were (as in what type of place), but there were a lot of other people there so it looked like a good enough place to stop. The spot ran right along the river, so the scenery was beautiful. I had forgotten how pretty snowy places can be when they're not packed with skiers. We never took her mittens off so she never actually touched the snow, but she did sit down for a quick second. She was all smiles, so I'm guessing she enjoyed herself.
All-in-all it was a great few days with a lot of great memories created. I can't wait for next year to do it all over again. By next year she'll be ready for Emmet Otter (I seriously love that movie and the outtakes at the end are hilarious!) and looking at Christmas lights and hot cocoa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment