Not only does the weather super-suck with the high winds and rain (haven't been out for a walk in days), but we're both not feeling well. Ryan was home last weekend long enough to give me his head cold. So far it hasn't been too bad, and based on his symptoms I don't think it'll get much worse. But, not being able to fully breathe and sleep well makes Isabel's late night wakings a little tough to deal with.
For the past 4 nights she has woken up in the middle of the night crying. We think her tummy might be hurting, but we really have no idea. Yesterday and last night she had a slight fever which didn't help matters any. She woke up this morning at 3 a.m. crying for real. When she cries for real we'll pick her up and rock her back to sleep. I tried and tried. When that failed I tried nursing her to sleep. She nursed for 30-ish minutes, but still wouldn't go back to sleep. She was clearly tired but just wouldn't or couldn't let herself fall asleep. About 20 after 4 she started crying and screaming and stayed that way for about an hour. I couldn't lay her down without it escalating to a point that wasn't good for 4 a.m. Finally at about 5:30 she settled enough we could actually start working on going back to sleep. The only catch was I had to stand. Anytime I sat down she escalated again.
At some point around 6 a.m. she was drowsy enough for me to sit in the glider and she drifted off to sleep. So did I. We both took a nap in the glider for about an hour. Once I woke up I put her back in her bed, she sleepy whined for a bit and drifted off to sleep again. She stayed down for another hour, but whined a bit without waking up too much. She woke at about 8 and we started breakfast. Breakfast went great - she smiled and laughed. Play time after was great too. Once I laid her down to change her diaper and put her down for a nap she started screaming and crying again. I'm trying my hardest to soothe her, but nothing is working. I feel so bad for her because not much seems to be helping. Sleep seems to be the best thing but she's struggling so much getting to sleep.
It's so funny how things just keep piling up on me this week. My comprehensive exam Friday is a pass/fail. I have no idea what the criteria are for passing, so I'm hoping that I'd have to try extra hard to fail since it doesn't look like I've got much study time in my future!
The good news (yes, there is some!) is Isabel's ultrasound came back fine. The bump is a cyst the doctor isn't worried about at all. We would only need to worry if it became red, inflammed or started draining. At least I have that little nugget of happiness : )
No comments:
Post a Comment