Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fully mobile & lovin' it!

Busybel is even busier these days. She is everywhere she wants to be and then some. She's getting in to anything on the floor which is a good reminder to declutter. If only there were time. We seem to just shuffle stuff around for now, not really solving the problem just delaying the solution. The good news is we're great about watching her & what she's getting in to and, of course, we don't have deadly stuff on the floor. So, there really isn't much to worry about with her new ability.

We toured another daycare facility a few days ago & really liked it. It was clean, the kids looked happy and the rooms were big. They incorporate Baby Signs, Spanish and yoga in to the toddler rooms & up. I think the biggest thing for Ryan and I was the fact that the kids in all the rooms we toured were happy and interactive, not just staring at us like at Kindercare. The only problem with this school is it is a bit expensive. Affordable, but with some cutbacks. And, they require a minimum of 2 half-days a week, not just one. I'm still on the fence about this - I know it'll be great for Busybel to have friends besides me, but I have a hard time sending her to daycare when I'm not working. It's kinda weird. We just don't see many other babies very often and I can see where she's getting tired of seeing my face all day every day. Our next step is to do observations and see how a day at Brighton goes for the kids her age.

She slept all night last night which was heaven. The night before she woke up briefly, but put herself back to sleep in about 15 minutes. It's really weird to go in to her room and see her sitting up in her crib. I'm still not used to it.

On the birthday front - we have no idea yet what we'll do for her first birthday. We haven't really had time to sit down and talk about it. I'm sure it'll be low key and nothing fancy. But, I'd like to figure it out soon in case we need to make reservations somewhere and send out invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment