Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just checkin' in

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since the last post! We've all been busy lately. Isabel has been busy motorin' all over the house, getting in to things that weren't intended for tiny hands. I've moved the cookbooks on the lower shelf to the closet, and I think the books on the upper shelf will be joining them soon. She hasn't destroyed anything yet. I'm sure that isn't her intention, but lack of intention doesn't prevent pages from tearing. Another favorite spot is the lowerst shelf on my bookshelf in the living room. She likes to take the books off and turn the pages. Well, it's all fun & games until someone gets hurt. Last Saturday she got a fairly nasty paper cut right on the crease of her wrist. She cried a lot right after it happened, but it didn't take her long to settle down and put a smile on her face. For a few days after she had on a bandage plus some blue vet wrap to keep the bandage on. It looked like she had a mini cast on. She never minded the bandages or give any indication the wrist still hurt. She's a trooper.


Last weekend we went to dinner with Ripley's parents. We all had a good time, and Ripley and Isabel were both well behaved. Ripley is going through a screeching phase, which is funny to my & Ryan since we don't have to live with it. It can get loud. It turned out so well we're planning on doing it again sometime soon.

The other big news is she's taking a bath in the "big" tub now. No more baby tub. She loves it! She loves to be able to move about and chase after her toys. Of course her face has landed in the water more than once. She recovers quickly, cries for a few seconds then goes about her business. She's also pooped in the big tub, too. I guess she figures she might as well get as much use out of it as possible.


Otherwise she's been very happy lately and eating a t.o.n. She goes through so much food now. But, she's also so active I'm sure she needs more calories than even just a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment