Saturday, May 29, 2010

A real word

Yesterday Busybel had a bit of a breakthrough. She was babbling like normal, then all of a sudden she said a word that was the clearest she has said yet. It was "stop!" We figured her first word would be either "Stuey" or "Stop" since that is the combination she hears most often. Her first "utterance with meaning" is a tie between "Stuey" and "cheese," but this "stop" was as clear as day. Later that same day we went for a walk around the marsh. We passed 2 big black labs and she said "dog"!!! It was very clear and definitely an utterance with meaning. Now we sit back and watch and hear her vocabulary grow.

On a separate note - since she has 6 teeth now she's experimenting with them. She's bitten Ryan and I each a couple of times. I have a pretty good bite mark and bruise on my arm. I gave her a stern "No," and asked for a hug. While she was hugging me, she bit my hair. What a turkey. I went through the process again, and she bit my hair again. So, I lowered her off the sofa (her new favorite place to be) and said something like "you can't play here now...you hurt mommy." Whatever it was must've sunk in because she walked over to her big puppy toy and give that a hug and kiss. Not me, but the cute puppy. Maybe I need to sew myself a costume in order to get a hug and a kiss?

With this kind of cuteness, who can stay mad?

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! (And you are right, kids give you great perspective on life). I love her dress and little shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little white shoes are so wonderful! A budding fashionista!
    If you get to come for a visit there is a great children's boutique we can visit.

    ReplyDelete