Sunday, June 6, 2010

New frontiers

This was one fun-filled weekend. We were busy, but in a nice, leisurely way (if that makes sense). Friday was a play date for Isabel's friend Ripley's first birthday. We stayed for about 2 1/2 hours. Almost everyone from the mom's group was there. I can't believe how big each of the babies has gotten. They're all mobile now and half of them are walkers. Isabel discovered a new area of Ripley's house she hadn't explored before. So, we spent a lot of time in their game room and mini-kitchen area. I had to work hard to get her to come back and play with the rest of the babies. Once all the other kids left Isabel and Ripley played together like old times. Isabel even shared her water with Ripley. It was adorable.

Saturday we headed back to the Randall house for another get together in honor of Ripley. This was more for the grown-ups than for babies - Isabel was the only other baby there. Ripley and Isabel had fun together as usual. There's a swimming pool at Ripley's house, so Ryan took Busy outside and let her play with the little fountain. She l-o-v-e-d it. Big smiles the entire time and she really didn't want to come back inside.

Today we met up with a friend of Ryan's and his family at a local park. A handful of the local parks in this area have small water parks as well. Water shoots up from the ground and down from big flowers or rainbows. This place was packed with big and little kids. Ryan took Isabel to the water park and let her go. She had a blast. She was soaked by the time we left. She wasn't afraid of getting wet, whether it was from a gush or a spray. I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a swim diaper and swim suit asap.

I'm still waiting for pictures from play dates with Ripley. I'll post those as soon as I get them. In other news Isabel now has 7 teeth! Another premolar broke through yesterday. Her sleep has been just a little interrupted and she's been a little whiny lately, especially Thursday. She seems to be over it now. And, she might be working on going down to just one nap a day. I'm not really sure what is going on. She skipped her afternoon nap Friday, Saturday and today. Plus, her morning nap (which is usually between 9 & 10) wasn't until noon. The bonus is she hasn't been extra cranky because of the schedule change. I'm really interested to see what happens this rest of this week.

It's bedtime and Ryan just came out of her room after stories and songs. We're both pretty sure she just said "daddy."

No comments:

Post a Comment