Tuesday, July 13, 2010

15 Month Well-Baby

Today was Busy's 15 month check-up. She did very well getting her temperature taken and what not before the exam. The only thing that didn't go well was sitting on the scale and laying down to get measured. For some reason when she's tired (which she was) she doesn't want to lay down. So, here are her stats:
Height - 30 1/2" 50th percentile
Weight - 18 lb 12 oz 3rd percentile
Head - 46 cm 50th percentile

Overall she looks great. Her weight is up, but her percentile dropped a little. So, we're still on a weight watch and will have to go back on August 13 for a re-check. We're making progress, but need to tweek our "nutrition" plan a bit. The doctor wants only pediasure for breakfast and lunch and whole milk for dinner. I'm not super on board for this plan since the sugar in pediasure really gets Busy loopy. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'm going to start offering her food about once an hour between the main meals. Otherwise our food choices are pretty good - mayo, butter, cooking in lots of oil, frying food when we can, etc. Her doctor just wants to make sure she's getting enough calories to keep up with her growth (she had a big spurt in height) and brain development.

Overachiever alert!!! Her doctor says developmentally she's like a 17 or 18 month old!!! She's got all 4 molars in now and most of her front teeth as well.

I tried out a new sewing project for her tonight. I took one of my old t-shirts and made a pair of pants for her. I'll try them on her tomorrow and hope they fit.

I'm not sure if I mentioned I also made her a cape. If I already did and posted pictures, sorry for the repeat. My brain is too tired to look back in the blog. I haven't been able to get a picture of her wearing it yet, so this one'll have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment