We all made it through the first day at school (or playcare. I don't know which one will stick yet). I think overall she did okay, but she did have a few down moments. At one point all of the babies started to cry (she's in a room that is 6 to 23 months) and then whole room started to cry. Her teacher thought maybe she was overwhelmed a bit because she didn't stop crying for a while. This also happened to be the time Ryan and I walked by the Center on our way to his truck. I was proud of myself for not interfering - I just called the classroom to make sure she wasn't hurt. Of course I wanted to go get her and give her a big hug, but I would be setting us all back a bit. We knew she was okay.
I did pop in for their lunch. It is very messy with food all over the floor, but I did my best not to clean up. She's going to have to get used to how they do things there without me helping, and I really don't have a problem with a messy floor that isn't my responsibility to keep clean. Next was nap time which she wasn't having any of. She cried like she does when she is over-tired. I did have to leave to grab my stuff from my "office" before we could go home, so one of the teachers took her to the community room so she could cry without disturbing all of the nappers.
She slept on the way home and has been in a good mood ever since. We go back tomorrow, and I am curious to see how drop off goes.
This morning we went for storytime at this barn. She loved it, of course, because there were lots and lots of chickens. She even got to throw food down for them. After some time of petting roosters and dogs and bunnies and donkeys, we heard a few stories and got a sticker, too! We came home, had lunch and she was off to nappy time. She's been asleep now for 3.5 hours! I think it's a record.
No comments:
Post a Comment