I think I'm just jinxing myself. There can always be a bigger, more "real" injury out there, so from now on they're just degrees of injury (bad, not so bad, etc.). Today Busy burned her arm pretty good on the fireplace glass. Why was it on? Because she can turn the switch on and off and thinks its fun. Why didn't I think anything of it? Because Ryan nor I remember the glass every getting near as hot as it was this afternoon when we tested it. In fact, we have all had our hands on the glass teaching Busy about hot. She's got a fairly long popped blister on her right forearm. I don't know exactly when she hurt herself because she didn't make a peep about it. It wasn't until the blister popped at the beginning of nap time that she cried. Once I realized what was going on we went straight to urgent care and got it taken care of.
This kid is a trooper. She stopped crying on the way to the urgent care, and by the time we got to the waiting room she was smiling and saying "Hi" to folks passing by the window. She talked to the receptionist, nurse and doctor,too. She didn't fuss when the nurse had to dress her wound either. She was a champ the rest of the day and, without a nap, had a great play date with her best friend. I, on the other hand, feel like a jerk for not noticing sooner. I know I can't watch 24/7 and protect her from everything, but that doesn't mean I won't feel bad about what happend. She's fine though, really. I'm not sure how well she'll sleep though. It's probably going to be hard to find a comfortable position for sleeping. I'm hoping for the best, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment