Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quick update

I've been sitting here trying to think of a great intro for this post, but I just can't seem to come up with anything.  So, I'll just get right to it.  Busy pee'd on her potty yesterday!  It was intentional, although I'm pretty sure she didn't understand the reason behind the intention.  She said "poop," and ran in to the bathroom.  She tugged at her pj's and diaper and kept saying "off."  So, I stripped her down and sat her on the potty.  She got off a few times and I just sat her back down reminding her that if she did have to go, this was the best place to do it.  After only a few minutes of hangin' out she peed on the potty!!  I made the biggest deal possible, and she seemed happy but not really sure as to why I was so excited.  She also signed "potty" after she was done.  Too cute.  Today she sat on her potty and pooped in her diaper.  She's learning.

And, speaking of learning, she repeats almost one word per sentence said by Ryan or me.  She is quite the little parrot these days. Her verbal list is too big now for Ryan and I to keep track of and so is her ASL.  WE have been checking out Signing Time dvds from the library and watching & learning with her.  She knows so many signs now.  We sign a lot during the day since that is really the only way to remember them all.  She even started signing "cracker" the correct way! (since she learned cracker a handful of months back, she had her own modified version which was confusing to anyone who didn't know her variation. Now she does it the regular way).  The best part is watching those dvds has also helped her verbal vocabulary as well.  Since the words are repeated by myself and Rachel (signing time host), she has repeated a lot of the words and signs at the same time : )  She doesn't really need the ASL, but it is fun for all of us, and it gives us something to do during the day.  Plus (this is the academic side in me), I figure if she sticks with it, she might just be able to test out of a foreign language if not in high school & college then just college. 

Okay, I really should be working on my paper instead of playing on the internet.  Chances are better, though, that I'll be going to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment