Isabel had a pretty darn good Halloween this year. We managed to get her in to costume choice #2. She was not happy with the hat that came with the flower gnome costume, so that was a no-go. I was a bit surprised given how much she likes hat. So, with just a few days before the big day, I found a puppy costume that was the right size and on sale as well. I took back the two flower gnomes we got, bought the puppy and saved a bunch of money. Score. She didn't really like that costume, either, but we kept on trying. Finally, on Halloween evening she put it on and kept it on long enough for us to go visit her friend Ripley. The cute thing was Ripley was also a puppy. A french poodle puppy. They were so cute together.
After the two puppies played for a while, we headed home to cruise the neighborhood. While we didn't actually go trick-or-treating, she did get to make the rounds through the neighborhood and see a bunch of neighbor kids all dressed up. She helped us answer the door a few times before she was ready for bed.
Since Halloween she's had a normal week of school where the drop-offs are perfect now. She barely cares that I'm leaving. We donated a CD of some music she likes, and asks someone to play that for her each morning. Once that is going, the building could start to fall down & I don't think she'd care. She's too busy dancing.


No comments:
Post a Comment