Friday, February 18, 2011

A couple of funny things.....

Last week when I took Busy to urgent care, I was soooo proud of her.  She behaved in the waiting room (except for small power struggles over not wearing her shoes and wanting to walk around) and was okay waiting her turn to see the doctor.  Once we saw the doctor, she completely behaved herself and only winced when the doc was looking in her infected ear.  No tears, no crying, no screaming.  So proud.  As we walked into the pharmacy to get her meds, there to the right was the giant wall display of pillow pets.  Busy's first words - "pillow pet."  We don't have one and we don't spend a lot of time watching television, so I thought it was neat she knew what they were and said it so clearly.  I responded with "Does Busy want a pillow pet or need a pillow pet?"  "Busy need a pillow pet."  Okay, you can have a pillow pet.  I wanted to get her something for being so good while she felt so bad, I figured now is the time for a pillow pet.  A week later she likes it okay.  It's not her favorite, but it does sleep in her crib.

Since we were all sick, I brought out my juicer last week and started making fresh juice concoctions.  We've had combinations of celery, apple, carrot, parsley and spinach so far.  Busy always wants to taste, so I've been putting some fresh juice in these cups.  She calls them her puppy cups.  Since last week, she'll ask for juice* like normal.  I'll offer her the normal bottled apple juice we have in the fridge.  Now, instead of going along with it, she'll ask for "fresh puppy juice."  We're pretty low on juicing supplies, so she's been getting freshly juiced apples in her puppy cups.  As long as it is fresh.

* when she gets bottled juice from the store, it's still diluted with about 3/4 water.  The fresh juice concoctions she'll get straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment