One of the givens of parenthood is the seemingly endless bouts of illness coursing through the household. We've all been sick off and on now for two solid weeks. It started with Busy and a case of tummy troubles and has moved on to the flu, head colds and an ear infection. Just when one of us thinks we're getting better we get hit with something else. I took Busy to urgent care on Wednesday and she was diagnosed with an ear infection.
(Why urgent care and not her regular doctor? I'll tell you why. I called her regular doctor's office, talked with whoever, described the symptoms and asked if Busy needed to be seen. Yes, Busy should be seen. Great! I can bring her in today? No. There were two available appointments, both for the following day. Wait. She needs to be seen, but not one doctor there can see her in less than 24 hours? How important is it that she been seen? Important enough for me to take her to urgent care. We've seen more of urgent care in the last few months than we have our regular doctors).
Thursday night her fever peaked at 104. We had a plan in place to head to the emergency room that night if need, but thankfully we were able to skip that trip. I'm so happy I took her to urgent care to start treatment Wednesday instead of letting it go for another day. She's doing so much better now. I, on the other hand, have the worst sore throat in the history of sore throats. And, if you agree that we descended from apes, that's a mighty long time.
We had our make-up tumbling class last night. Of course she loved it. She danced, tumbled, jumped and got stamps on her hands, feet and belly. I'm so glad we decided to sign her up. She is actually learning gymnastic moves like plank, straddle, arching of the back. With some help she can do a somersault! I know she has a ton of fun in her class, but I think I have just as much fun watching her.
Since we've been sick, we've been a little slack where our valentine crafting is concerned. But, she does know it's Valentine's weekend, and she has picked up the word "craft" as a verb. Too cute. We've colored some hearts and decorated them with stickers. Then she's taken off the stickers and decorated our entertainment center. Thankfully the foam stickers are pretty easy to remove.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're both well enough to head back to school on Monday. It's a nice break to stay home from reality once in a while, but it's time to get back to the routine. Her medicine is working well, so I think she'll be ready to play again.
Such a cute photo in your sidebar!
ReplyDelete