Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who needs sleep?

Apparently not us.  Between Isabel's occasional all-nighters and Emory's doggie dementia, we're not getting a lot of good sleep these days.  In less than one week, Isabel has been up twice.  To be fair, she hasn't been feeling well, again.  It wouldn't be so bad if she got up and was rocked back to sleep in a timely manner.  Or if she just needed a diaper change.  But not Busy.  No, Busy gets up and talks.  And talks and talks and talks.  She points out the color of everything.  She points out that the dogs are sleeping.  Then she calls the dogs.  She points out that she has boogies, and pants on, and hair.  Almost every thing she knows comes streaming out of her mouth. 

And then there is the potty.  We try all day to get her to sit on the potty.  "Busy, do you need to sit on the potty?"  "No."  We do this many times throughout the day, but she is just too busy to sit on the potty.  And then there is the dreaded "no diaper" thing we've been running into lately.  Refusal to wear a diaper can only mean I'll be cleaning the carpet later.  Last night, however, she readily sat on the potty - several times.  And most of those times she actually went potty (side note - we really need to teach her that tooting is not in fact going potty and does not require one to sit on the potty). 

Finally after a few hours of the talking and requests to "hold mommy in the kitchen,"  I decided it was better to just get up.  So, at 11:30 we got up and had a snack.  Ryan wasn't sleeping much either so he came out to join us.  We did a shift change and I finally got some sleep.  Ryan was up until about 2:30 though just waiting for Busy to crash. 

We're supposed to be in school today.  She gets to sleep in because I just don't feel comfortable taking her to school on 5 hours of sleep.  The upside is, although I am exhausted, I am getting some extra quiet time this morning.  I'm thankful I was able to enjoy an entire cup of coffee in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment