Saturday, January 7, 2012

Princess Ba-Bel

That is how she wants to be referred to now most of the time (it's the name the neighbor boy calls her).  On a whim my mom bought her an inexpensive set of toy jewelry and a toy crown.  She has to wear the crown every.single.day.  Ryan and I have to negotiate with her to take the crown off, and usually it ends up right back on.  She also got a pair of ballet slippers for Christmas.  Those are on all the time as well.  The exception is when we go outside, and then it has to be her black ballet shoes (mary janes).  It's pretty cute when it doesn't take up too much time or set off a tantrum (and both are entirely possible at any given moment on any given day). 

While her identity is changing, so is her sleep schedule.  She no longer naps.  She is fine with this, but I find it devastating.  Days home alone with her are extra long for me now with no break.  She does go to bed earlier now - usually by 7 - but she also gets up earlier - usually no later than 6:45.  The only part of this I'm okay with is the going to bed early.  The rest I can do without.

We both start back to school on Jan 23, so we have 2 more weeks to get through  enjoy each other's company.  I've got lots of books filled with activities to keep toddlers buys, so I'm dusting those off and will put them to good use.  Otherwise I just may lose it.



No comments:

Post a Comment