Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fiesta de Bebe

I had my first baby shower on the 15th. Friends from school - Carolyn & Meghan - did a great job with the planning. We had great tacos, jicama with lime juice and chili powder, chips & salsa and margaritas - regular and non-alcoholic. Clearly there was a theme - complete with moustaches! It was a mix of professors and students, graduate and undergraduate. I really wanted the mix, but as people were arriving I thought maybe it would end up awkward. It wasn't. It was a ton of fun and a great mix of people. Everyone was very generous and Ryan, I & baby got a lot of great stuff that we will need. I still have to take pictures of each gift set as some folks have requested photos of babynoname with specific outfits on. That's a project for spring break for sure.























We had another Lamaze class last week as well. More birthing videos, more talk about coaching and relaxation during labor, etc. We learned one new breathing technique for when the doctor tells us to stop pushing. Oddly, we didn't really practice that one. We really didn't have much time to practice breathing at all. Tomorrow night is the last class. Then on the 30th we have a breastfeeding class and the following week we have a baby basics class. Then we should be done with classes.
I had another doctor's appt. today. Everything is fine. My blood pressure was 124/80 which is good. There was a little protein in my urine, but since my blood pressure is good it's only something to watch and nothing to worry about. My uterus is measuring big all of a sudden, I'm "all baby" and I "could deliver early". Hadn't given that any real thought. I'm hoping it means since I'm small it makes her seem big. But, we're having another ultrasound on Monday, so we'll get some up to date measurements then. I have itchy hands and feet and swollen ankles sometimes, but not all the time. Each thing is okay by itself since it isn't coupled with anything else. The dr. recommended I take tylenol pm to help me sleep through the night since it's been a few weeks since that has happened. We'll see.
So, next week there'll be more updates. For now, I'm trying to get rest, eat right and get organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment