It's already been about a week since the last Lamaze class. I've been swamped with school and organizing stuff at home. We finally have the room for the nursery cleared out and ready to paint. Now we just need to find the right color and we can painting. We're going for a green to (hopefully) match the bedding we picked out (can be seen at our Babies R Us registry). We've made one attempt so far and had to return the paint. Now we're deciding between 3 new shades. Picking paint isn't easy.
We picked up a crib and dresser last night. Well, acutally the "we" is really Ryan. We did buy it used but checked for recalls before making the purchase. It's in really good shape with just a few teething marks we're pretty sure we can fix. It's a nice light colored maple which is essentially what we were looking for. I'll post pictures as we make progress.
As for class last week, it was basically the same as the first only different. You-know-who showed up late again, but late for a 6:30 class and not a 7:00 class. And, there was a new couple who couldn't make it for the first class. We watched 2 birth videos (without placenta) which kind of showed the spectrum of how women handle labor and delivery. In the first video the woman was doing fine, but had many moments of "I can't do this", even as the baby's head was starting to crown. The second woman pretty much smiled through the entire thing keeping quiet. As soon as her baby was put on her chest she said to her husband "I want to give you another one" or something like that. I will say she had some kind of narcotic earlier, but she was fully alert. Both were entertaining to the group and valuable for the couches to see different techniques of support.
Since we aren't having class again for 2 weeks, we learned a few breathing techniques. The fast-paced breathing made me short of breath and I didn't like that. Then we moved on to the "hee-hee-hee-hoo" breath. That one is okay. After we learned how to do it, the instructor lady kept referring to it as "3 hee's and a blow". I don't know if no one else heard it the same way Ryan and I did, but for some reason we were the only 2 laughing. And, she kept saying it the rest of the night, so we laughed the rest of the night. Maybe everyone else was just being polite and mature? Not sure. We're still laughing about it. We also had to practice breathing while holding a fist full of ice chips (something uncomfortable to work through). I didn't care for that too much. The cold hurt and the breathing only helped the time go by faster. It didn't help with the pain.
Not sure if the time of writing this entry will be visible or not, but it is not 3:48 am. I've hit a big time insomnia spell. Thankfully I fall asleep early so I know I'll get a few hours on the front end of the night. But, I've been waking up anywhere from 12:30 - 3:00 and not falling back asleep until at least 4. Ryan gets up at 5 so I wake up again then. It's made getting through the day really tough lately. Not necessarily complaining, but it does suck.
I think that's it for now. The picture I'm adding was taken about 2 weeks ago. Since then I've gained another inch (!) but not really any more weight. She's been super active lately, too. Another reason I'm not sleeping well - somersaults in the middle of the night.
No class until the 18, so I'll add stuff if anything happens - like a painted nursery! Or assembled furniture - or maybe both : )
So I have my birth on video if you ever want to check it out :) Plus there's a slideshow online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8CefHTdK4E
ReplyDeleteI love watching births, but I'm weird like that!
Congrats on finding furniture you like - that's always so hard, and good luck with paint!