Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hallelujah!

Isabel has grabbed her toys! Her first real grab happened way back on the 8th. Since then she is quite the toy grabber favoring her purple hippo with the red ring. She has gotten pretty good at it over the past 2 weeks. As for her toys that aren't attached to anything - she can grab and hold! I'm so happy and relieved. She also had a full giggle out loud yesterday. Ryan was holding her joking about a piece of mail he had just opened and she laughed out loud with perfect timing. Of course it was adorable. I'm glad her East Coast Grandma was here to hear it.

Their visit went very well. They got along as if they've always known each other. Having Ryan's mom staying with us was a big help. Not that I don't just love holding Isabel, but the huge breaks in the day were nice. On Saturday we ventured to Babies "R" Us for family photos. Thankfully we took most of Isabel's solo shots first so they turned out great. The longer the session went on the more tired and cranky she got. It doesn't help that the photographer had her in a constant state of over stimulation. She had a brief meltdown, Isabel not the photographer, and was back in business to finish strong with another adorable solo photo. I think the photos turned out great, so it was definitely worth any trouble we went through.

The week was filled with odd-ball schedules and nap disruptions which made for one tired baby. She had at least one meltdown each day and didn't nap as long as she normally had been. I think maybe she's changing her napping routine on her own anyway. The luxurious 3-5 hour morning nap may be gone for good. But, even though she was thrown off schedule quite a bit, she adapted well and her meltdowns were fairly mild considering what they could have been.

Today we're working on getting everything back to normal as I'm sure East Coast Grandma is happy to be back at home. I'm already excited about her first trip back east. Not sure when that will be. There is so much to show her I can't hardly stand it. She's down for her second nap since we got home from the airport at 9:30 this morning. She's still a little sleepy from the early morning, but hardly a cranky pant at all. She's just the best baby.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you would get a 3-5 hour morning nap? SO LUCKY :)

    ReplyDelete