Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy the Ballerina

Isabel had her second ballet class today.  To say she loves it, I think, is an understatement.  She looks forward to it all week, and the morning of class is alllllll about ballet.  She just can't wait.  For now there are 3 little girls in her class.  I think the other 2 are closer to or a bit over 4, I'm not really sure.  But, the 3 of them together are adorable.  Today one of the little girls tells Isabel "you're my best friend!" to which Isabel replied "I sure am!".  Just too cute.  Isabel is has increased the amount of time listening to the teacher in just one week, but she would still rather watch herself dance freestyle in the floor to ceiling mirrors.  It was interesting to watch how much she has grown in just the one week.  Her teacher is extra patient and great with the girls.  The little girl down the street is also taking dance classes at the same place.  She'll be in their summer program this year, so Biz can't wait to see her friend dance.  Plus, the teenage girl next door is also a dancer.  It seems like it's a good fit around here.


Her birthday party was already a week ago.  It was a small party, like each year before.  We had some family and a few neighbors this year.  None of the kids were interested in the craft or game I had planned, so it was an hour of free play (running around the house yelling, fighting over toys, and bringing all of her kitchen toys into her castle), some cake & presents.  It was a great time for the kids and grown-ups as well.  We took a few pictures - I still have to load them to my computer.  The kids down the street have been asking their parents telling their parents they need to come back for some playtime.  Isabel would love to have them over, especially the girl. At some point we'll have her over for a princess movie party.

No comments:

Post a Comment