Thursday, January 24, 2013

Already 2 months old

I've been trying to write a blog post for a few weeks now and the content of said post has changed a number of times.  Now that we're at the 2 month mark, that seems like a good place to start.  Yesterday was Leland's 2 month well-baby check.  He weighed in at 10 lbs 1.5 oz.  That's the 7th percentile!  I'm not sure if Isabel ever hit the 7th percentile.  I know she didn't this early.  She spent a lot of time going between 5th and falling off the chart.  It's clear to me he's gaining weight as he seems heavier to hold every day.  And I do a lot of holding.  Almost all day some days.  This kid likes to be held and rocked.  Napping hasn't been his strength so far.  He is down for a nap now which is a nice break for me and Isabel.  I can give her a little undivided attention which she needs.  I have had to go back upstairs twice now to get him back to sleep, but it's working!  In addition to the weight, he's grown 3 inches.  It's funny to see the stack of onesies and sleepers that he's already outgrown. 

He had his first vaccinations yesterday, too. He did great at the doctor's office, only crying when he got the injection.  His cries didn't last more than a few seconds and he was fine.  By evening, however, he wasn't feeling well and cried a lot.  He slept on me all night which we haven't done in a few weeks.  It was nice for both of us (nice for me because I know it's temporary!).  So far today he seems back to his normal happy, chatty self.

Isabel is doing so good lately.  She adores her brother.  That might be an understatement.  She loves spending time with him talking to him and trying her hardest to teach him how to grasp or cough into his elbow.  She gets a little frustrated that he isn't responding, but she's getting a good lesson in patience (she just doesn't realize it).  She loves talking to anyone about her baby brother.  We're thankful she has taken such a liking to him.  She's been very "big girl" about waiting for me to take care of his needs first and she's really not given me much trouble about it. 

We found a great daycare/preschool for her.  She was asking daily if she could go back to school as she missed being around other kids.  She's doing great at this school and loves her classroom.  They do a lot of learning through play so she thinks she just plays all day.  Ryan and I both like her teachers (there are 2 in her room) and it's as close to the Children's Center as we have found in Folsom. 

At home we do lots of crafts and baking.  The good news is she's learning a lot about cooking and measuring.  The bad news is we have way too many sweets around the house.  Our next big project is to sew her a skirt.  She's been begging to try out the sewing machine lately.  I found a tutorial for a super simple skirt, so she'll be able to help sew the straight seam.  I'm impressed with her level of interest in things like cooking, sewing, gardening, fishing and helping Ryan with building or truck maintenance.  She's getting a well-rounded start. 

Thanks for the picture, TC!

A flower fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment